Friday, June 08, 2012

Summer Reading: The Beginning

I just ordered Race and the Avant-Garde: Experimental and Asian American Poetry Since 1965 by Timothy Yu; Angels for the Burning by David Mura; Diwata by Barbara Jane Reyes; and Seasons of Lotus, Seasons of Bone by Matthew Shenoda.  The last 3 are from Boa Editions.  Boa rocks.

I also just started reading Haruki Murakami's 1Q84, which one of my UC Santa Cruz professors called a very Murakami Murakami.  So far, so true.  I'm loving it.  I probably will never finish it, as it is long, but I will do my best.

I'm also on my 17th revision of a poem that I started a while back.  Yay! 

2 comments:

Matthew Stout said...

If I revised half of mine half that far half of the time I would be three times as far long from my present footing. Find the right words and never lose the magic!

interior design said...

http://interior-here.blogspot.com/